If you have a skill and passion for what you do, consider teaching a class at Sattya. Sattya provides a venue, guidance, equipment, and promotion. Teachers plan and organize the workshop. Together, we split all profits from the work.
What you do while you teach at Sattya can be developed based on your particular skills and interests. This list is a general idea of what we are looking for. We are open to suggestions, and if you think your skills are relevant, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Here are some of the areas in which we are currently seeking teachers :
- Video: shooting, editing, post-production, video for web, video advocacy, documentary, software
- Photo: shooting, editing, workflow, photojournalism, visual storytelling, photography for social change, multimedia
- Audio: radio documentary, basic recording techniques, sound design, interviewing, editing
- Journalism: investigative, editorial, feature, interviewing techniques, research, pitching stories
- Design: Adobe software, layout, typography, visual imagery, web design
- Creative: street art, zine making, screen printing, Tshirt design, drama, creative writing
- Hariyo Chowk: Sustainable building, gardening, bicycle mechanics, radical reuse, woodworking, homesteading skills