Sattya Media Arts Collective is a resource center for artists, filmmakers, photographers, activists, and other creative types in Nepal. It provides a space and an open community for people who want to pursue their interests.
Sattya is a hub for DIY culture, collaboration, inspiration, activism, and learning for emerging artists of all types and anyone interested in experiential learning, arts, films, urban issues, and, basically, making things. Sattya is a participation based organization, open to everyone and rooted in the spirit of volunteerism and inclusiveness, providing opportunities for people from all backgrounds, ages, and skill levels.
Simply put, Sattya exists to encourage people to DO WHAT THEY LOVE.
We want to:
- Support artists by providing space, resources, classes, job opportunities and creating a community of skilled and passionate people who pursue their craft.
- Use media and art to bring about awareness and new perspectives in society.
- Make art and media accessible to people from different backgrounds, allowing everyone to shape their community and culture.
- DIT (Do It Together) ethics and collaboration
- Experiential learning and self-education
- Art for everyone
- Activism and grassroots efforts
- Community input
- Organizational transparency
Sattya is supported by grants from the Open Society Foundations, Price Claus Fund, and individual donations.